Monday, March 20, 2006

The Brutalization of Cindy

From Cindy Sheehan's post on GSFP's website:

As I lie here in bed recuperating from the injuries that I received from a federal agent and the NYPD in front of the US Mission to the UN (USUN) the other day, I have had time to reflect on the experience, the state of our union and its descent into a fascist state.

When the four of us. Missy Beattie, Rev. Patricia Ackerman, Medea Benjamin, and I, were arrested the other day, I was singled out for federal police brutality. The other three ladies were picked up, noth gingerly, though, and I was dragged across the pavement and treated very, very roughly—having both arms wrenched out from beneath me. I looked to my doctor as if I had been beaten. My daughter, Janey, asked if I had been resisting arrest, I told her if one considers going into a fetal position and saying, "Please don't hurt me anymore!" resisting, then I guess I was.


Now compare that description to the picture of the event as it was taking place:



Brutalized? Try elated.

At least I can respect the anti-war friends I have. This lady, as sorry as I am for her loss, makes Congress seem ethical in comparison. Perhaps she's truly lost her mind. Under the circumstances, I wouldn't hold it against her. But sheesh.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

She could have put the rolls away at least while she was "making a statement". Don't we all have more important things to worry about than this dumb fat bitch? Shoot her and put her out of her misery if she's so damn miserable. Carpe Diem hooker.

Glock21 said...

I would rather people notice that her campaign isn't really a trustworthy source for information. For those looking to bolster the anti-war movement I'd cling to a better spokesperson. Plenty of honest reasons to be against Bush policies, whether I agree or not.

I don't think I'd go anywhere near as far as anonymous here though. In fact I have a good hunch that anonymous here is a real asshole.

gonzo said...

yeah anon sounds like a facist, thats a stupid opinion. I dont like your opinion so die? what the hell is that?

Anonymous said...

She has quite the unmerited victim complex, but her idiocy and popularity among the extremist and isolationist left shows just how utterly philosophically bankrupt they are.

Big E said...

It's great having her on the other side